Tuesday, April 22, 2008

postal anxiety dreams

when i was a PTF and under the constant stress of not knowing what
station i'd be working out of let alone what job i'd be on ,
i had whacked out postal dreams almost every night.

here are some of the best ones:

i reported to the case and found that
instead of mail being stacked up,
there where piles and piles of sweaters.
i was supposed to figure out what customers belonged to each sweater, (Mr. Smith at 25 Ivy Circle..hmmm..gotta be the lime green argyle cardigan..) put them in order and deliver them.

in another similar dream, i was supposed to deliver various lunches by determining who probably ordered the tuna on rye vs. the big mac..and then go out there and
get them to the right customer.

an all time favorite was the dream in which my boss at the time told me that the dollar bill she was holiding had to be delivered to Sweden, and i was to Be Back
IN 8 HOURS!

of course we've all had the dream where we are on an unfamiliar route and it's dark out and we can't read the mail or see the house numbers...

i'm curious to hear other people's postal anxiety dreams...

i'd love to write a book about the different anxiety dreams of specific professions..maybe call it Night Shift...with some subtitle giving people a clue about the anxiety dream/work connection.
what do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a nightmare that I woke up next to Ms Ribble! B.

Brooke said...

I dreamed that I didn't have Mrs. Dutton's third of the month check and she threatened to break my legs with a baseball bat. Wait. That wasn't a dream. That happened yesterday. HA!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one with that dream of never getting a job done until it got dark. Then it came true when it was 3:45 and I got a flat with a pivot still to go on Monday!