Sunday, July 22, 2007

nightmare on A street

ever have a nightmare playing itself out in real life?
as a kid I had three recurring nightmares. one was about being trapped inside a soap bubble, another was about a revolving bookcase that swung around with a dead body on the other side, and my most popular whacked out dream was that my teeth started falling out one by one.

the other day i was delivering to the very last house on my route. i was there at my usual time, around 3:45. they were having a garage sale and someone parked in front of their box, so i got out to bring the mail to my customer who was in her garage watching over her sale items. we had never really met each other so I introduced myself. she was a nice enough lady. we made some small talk, while another person entered her garage..(by the way it's a one car garage). Out of the corner of my eye i could see just enough of this peson to identify her as none other than MS. RIBBLE!..
The absolute last person i want to be jammed into a small space of any kind with..let alone a garage sale at ( gasp!) 3:45 pm!!! I could see the thought bubble over her head and it said " Yep..it figures..she's slacking off again..shopping when she's supposed to be working . No wonder our mail is always so late !!! (Harumph!).
I exited rapidly..glad to escape from that nightmare.

No comments: