Friday, May 16, 2008

karma contined: canine edition

sorry all of you dog lovers out there, but this story has to be told.

several years ago, a carrier that i work with, who will remain nameless, told me this karma filled episode from his route.

one of X's customers had a yappy little dog that would go batshit crazy every time
that he put mail in the box. not so unusual.

on one particular day, tired of this obnoxious pup, X decided to do some trash-talking at the dog through the closed door .
after calling the doggy a few choice names, he ended the conversation with "I hope you die!".

a few minutes later, one of the kids at the house opened the door to get the mail
and the dog got out.

at this point, X had already crossed the street to deliver the other side.
little old yappy, in hot pursuit of X, also crossed the street..or rather,
tried to. he had his eyes on the prize and didn't see the car coming.
sadly, it squashed him before he could fulfill his lifelong dream of sinking his incisors into X's leg. he died on the spot.

imagine X trying to comfort the grieving family, all the while knowing he and his postal karma had caused their pooch's untimely demise.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I don't know how X didn't laugh on the spot!!!

I'm not one of those cruel dog killers but I do hate dogs!

I ran one of them over with my LLV last year. Total accident, I swear. I did feel bad, for a little while anyway.

Anonymous said...

Brooke..love your taste in music..Casting Crowns I just saw last month.
Wendy..never wished a dog to die on my route..customers on the other hand...just kidding!