Tuesday, July 15, 2008

six degrees of seperation

yesterday i was walking the beat,
wearing a golf visor (i almost never wear a hat of any kind).
three guys were hanging out on the front porch of one of my customer's homes.
i knew two of the guys, but not the third.
the third was a gentleman that looked to be in his 70's.
they were all having a good time and started chatting me up.
one of them asked me about my golf visor logo..and i told them about my brother phil's golf apparel company. eventually guy number three asked me where i was from and i told him that i grew up in fairport mostly.
he told me that his best childhood friend had coached and lived in fairport.
turns out,he was talking about my dad. they grew up together in a small town about 45 minutes outside of rochester.
he told me some stories about my dad and grandparents..he knew my aunt, uncle and cousin..
if it wasn't for my visor i don't think the conversation would've gone beyond the weather.
it's a small, cool, world...after all.
i can't do it justice describing it here but it gave me the chills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a great story! Just got back from my awesome trip to Mt. Rushmore!