Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Further Experiments with Postal Karma

Ok, so in our last episode, I had delivered the movie-less Netflix mailpiece to the already upset postal customer Mrs. V.
A few days after that adventure, I came face to face with the usually not-at-home Mrs. V.
She was picking up her blue recycling bin from the curb when I came into her yard.
I offered her a sunny HELLO and in turn receiver a big fat nothing!
Two days later, she got a card mailed back to her that she had sent out with a non-existant street name on it. I knew the person she was mailing the card to ( a very nice teacher of mine from high school).
I was faced with a moral dilema.
1) Do i smugly stuff the letter back in her box and say to myself "See Mrs. V..sometimes it's not the dear old PO that screws up..."
or
2) do i dig deep and listen to my higher angels, bring the letter back to the PO, correct the address and send it on its merry way?

I went for option #2.
Now I am waiting to see if that secret act of kindness will be able to magically turn this embittered customer around.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I would've went with option 1.
But you know, that's just me. ha

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for going with option 2, even though most of us would've understood option 1.
You are the better person and didn't sink down to her level!

Anonymous said...

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=68505&rnews_story_type=18