Thursday, June 14, 2007

when animals attack...feline edition

when I inherited this route back in May, the previous carrier alerted me to some potentially bad situations that i might encounter. Things like: which customers are frequent P.I.A's , which lawns not to walk across etc. He also wrote up Dog Warning cards ...which are required for each job...and one Cat Warning card. This particular cat had some sort of history of clawing at the mailcarrier as he tried to put the mail through the door slot.
i'll admit right now that i didn't take the warning too seriously. How badly could a little pussycat hurt a tough mailgal like myself ?
Unfortunately, i found out the answer to that question today, and the answer is VERY badly.
That sucker got his claw in me and would not let go. I was SCREAMING like a crazy person. Seriously, it brought back memories of childbirth. Not good.
There was blood everywhere. unbelievable.
to make matters worse, i had to report it to my boss, and report to the medical unit when i returned from my route. i acted like it was no big deal...but secretly i'm wondering if i'm going to come down with some weird cat scratch fever thing that will be the end of me.

No comments: