Friday, June 22, 2007

the good old days

Today i was delivering to a house that was having a garage sale. while looking around for some treasure, a woman approached me and said " I have to talk to you.. my dad was a mailcarrier way back in the day." According to his daughter he loved his job. She said he was movie star gorgeous, and the women would wait for him and some came to the door naked! (Now we know
one reason why he loved his job.) In 20 years I only remember one scantily clad customer..a college kid with a towel around his waist that invited me in for coffee. A couple of my female co-workers have had some screwballs expose themselves. Somehow it just doesn't seem quite as glamourous as this lady's dad 's encounters "back in the day". By the way, am I the only one that finds it a little odd that her old school father shared this info with her ?
I'm trying to picture myself sitting around the dinner table with my kids and husband..." So how was your day honey?" "Oh, you know, same old same old...lots of parcels, my boss was on my ass again and another buck naked customer came to the door."

No comments: