Saturday, June 7, 2008

food drive revisisted



When the temps are hot, the food drive ain't so fun...( i overheard one of my co-workers referring to it as the FFD ...f..ing food drive). we all start out feeling good about helping but by week's end, we're just a bunch of angry schleppers.

The other day, temps soared into the high eighties.
A customer (also in her high eighties) left this lovely earless easter bunny
for the carrier to take to the food bank.
"Some little kid is gonna love this!" she told the carrier.
Not as much as i love it!
Where the hell are the ears???
Don't know if you can see it on the picture, but there is a big old hole in the cellophane wrapper where she ripped into it!
Can't decide which is more bizzare; the deaf rabbit or last year's chocolate handcuffs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's weird! glad I had the weekend off..well, not my wallet, but I was happy!

Brooke said...

Earless bunny...That is hilarious!!!!

I can't believe your food drive lasts a week long!!! I guess in a bigger city you would have to but by the end of the week I would be feeling the same way too!

(Eightys must be nice! We are already in the mid nineties!!!!)