Thursday, September 13, 2007

legit

after 20 years of dragging the bag around i finally feel legit.
sure i've had a few dog bites in my day but even those didn't do it for me.
today on the advice of two fellow carriers i went to visit Dr. K.
no, he's not a shrink.
he's a chiropractor.you're really not a mailcarrier until your back is completely screwed up beyond belief.
since making the appointment several weeks ago, lots of questions have been running through my mind.
is he going to sneak up on me from behind and snap my neck without warning?
if so will that cause me to have a stroke from which i will never fully recover?
is he really going to be able to diagnose me without seeing an X-ray, or reading any charts about me?
are chiro's for real or just modern-day hucksters?
i know that people swear by them..but i had my doubts.
everyone assured me that he would be gentle....
he'd probably loosen my back using a big buffer type thing or maybe a nice heat-producing machine.
he did neither.
he talked to me for a few minutes and seemed entirely sure of exactly what my problem was AND that he could fix it.
the next thing you know i'm lying face down on the table waitng for the torture to begin.
5 minutes later i'm walking out of there feeling like a half a million bucks.
after next week's session i may very well feel like a full million.
i don't understand it.
but Dr. K is for real..and he's my new best friend.

No comments: