Sunday, September 2, 2007

when customers attack

I can live with a dog that goes slightly crazy when you set foot on their property. i get the whole territorial nature of dog vs. mailman. i've been playing the game for a while.
what i can't live with is the owner who sees his dog react aggressively to you and then instead of offering to get control of his dog, tells you that his dog NEVER acts this way toward ANYONE else ..including previous mailcarriers.
His take on the whole situation is that I am afraid of dogs and his dog senses it.
Therefore???
I'm the problem??
Yes, i guess you ARE the problem he assures me.
Does this guy even realize how self centered he is?
I'm just trying to do my damn job.

I wanted to straighten him out..and give him a double shot of reality.
No, I'm not the problem.
And your dog is NOT the problem.
Hmmmm... that leaves..YOU !

Instead i said OK then i guess i'm the problem and stormed away with a trail of dark smoke pouring out of my ears.

can't wait for our next encounter!

No comments: