Friday, October 26, 2007

Here we go again

Just when i had put worries of offending my elderly, conservative customers with my "clever" book behind me.....Mrs. X sticks her head out of the door today
to tell me that she heard about my book from Mrs. B.
Mrs. X is even older than Mrs. B..perhaps even more devout and even blue-bloodier.
Now she says she is going to get a copy of my book too!
This time i actually was able to offer up a bit of a warning..telling her that the book is a bit "spicy".
"That's OK..I like spicy!" she assured me.
we shall see.
one positive thing of note:
she asked me my name several times.
seems her memory is beginning to fail.
maybe she'll just forget about the whole conversation
and i'll dodge a bullet.
or maybe i'm not giving these old timers enough credit.
maybe they do like "spicy".

No comments: