Thursday, October 25, 2007

socks addict

i had a day off.
my uniform's been looking pretty ragged lately.
had a little time to kill and a full compliment of my clothing allotment available..so i
stopped by the uniform store.
needed shirts, pants ,shoes, rubbers..badly.
what did i wind up buying?
no shirts.
no pants.
a pair of shoes that kind of don't fit me. liked the price more than anything else. $46 marked down from $96. (i'll make them fit somehow)..
and seven pairs of kick ass socks.
four different styles. three different colors.
all with extra cushiony heels.
i'll be the first to admit that i do suffer from an acute case of sock lust.
walking out of the store i probably should have felt like it was a failure of a shopping trip, but instead i was ecstatic..clutching my bag full of socks to my chest like an addict that just scored some choice cocaine.
tomorrow will be a better day just because of my brand new socks.
i will probably have to wear 3 pair at a time to get my new shoes ( 7 WIDE) to fit my
7 NARROW feet but love is blind and i am in love.
socks are definitely not overrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

use a retired postal worker who visits the stations and buy from him or her...a little loyaly for your brothers and sisters who are trying to earn a dollar..you'll get better service and made in america items...
jfa...uniform vendor in vegas..who walked the picket line in 1970 so you could have a good paying job..

shame....shame

Brooke said...

HILARIOUS!!!!